Sunday, March 10, 2013

The new and improved guardsman

So I finished last days WIP and here's how he turned out, I listened to the critique from the posts over at the Imperial Guard Message Board and toned down the highlighting, not sure if I like the result yet, going to have to take a long and hard think about how I'd like to do with the entire army. Feel free to let me know which one you like the best, less or more highlighting?

Tried out painting eyes again and even tho this dude has some major Don Juan vibes to his eyes, it wan't nearly the hassle I remember it as. I'm starting to think that I very well might ditch the Forgeworld heads and go for the regular ones, for the bulk of the infantry.



Today's WIP is and old Leman Russ, it was the first model I ever painted and I decided to repaint it, tried out my airbrush and some zenithal-highlighting  doing this I thought; how easy it would be to paint Space marines, just slap on some zenithal-highlighting, paint the details and you're done. Of course I realize it's more to it than that, I do however think there might be some truth to my thoughts, what do you guys think?

As always feel free to comment on the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment