Saturday, March 9, 2013

Better Pics & WIP



So here are the, according to me, better pics.

I had some sunlight today so I went outside with my girlfriend's camera and took some pictures, I still think there are some improvement needed to be done with the photographing of the minis, these are however far better than the ones from yesterday with the shady LED-lighting.

Also, today, they are based!



A new pic of the whole squad.



Trooper 001 - I wasn't really sure what the thing strapped to the left side of the helmet was, I painted it as an Ork's tusk.


Trooper 002 - Clearly my favorite of the lot, all around decent in my opinion.


Trooper 003 - I'm not sure if the winged-skull was suppose to be broken or if it's just a faulty casting, otherwise OK, biggest let down was the decal with the numbers on the shoulderpad, since the edge of the decal is clearly visible.


Trooper 004 - In my opinion the ugliest of the lot, absolutely drenched in primer and basecoat, so the winged-skull, lens and detail over all was all messed up.


Trooper 005 - Pretty OK overall, no big letdowns or anything remarkably good.



Todays WIP


Grabbed one of my old guardsmen, from my last try four years ago at the guard. He was primed in black but I gave him a Skeleton Bone basecoat with the airbrush and gave painting eyes another try.
Basically eyes where the reason I quit painting guardsmen last time around, this time around however it wasn't even that hard, maybe the result wasn't great but I think I might ditch the Forgeworld heads for my regular infantrymen and save them for veterans and the like.

Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment